Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of Standard Bank Group which is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings and has been in business for more than 150 years. It is a global Bank with African roots and has extensive operations in 19 African countries including South Africa and 12 countries outside Africa including key financial centers like Europe, United States and Asia making us one of the biggest banking networks in the continent. It operates in Nigeria as Stanbic IBTC Bank; a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Stanbic IBTC Holdings’ strategy is to position itself as the leading end-to-end financial services solutions provider in Nigeria. The group leverage on our market exposure to offer expert services in three core business areas – Corporate and Investment banking; Personal and Business banking and Wealth management under 8 subsidiaries.
Stanbic IBTC is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture.
Working with Stanbic IBTC
We take pride in being one of the best in Africa and this is progress made real by building on our proud 150-year history of being from, for and across Africa with the unique knowledge and insights of our people. People are our greatest assets therefore whilst we provide them with the resources and opportunities to make a real personal impact on our customers, we also give them the tools to unlock their own potential and grow hand-in-hand with the business they support.
For these reasons and more, we have carefully selected you to be a part of the success story.
About the graduate trainee program
The Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Program is a 6-7 week classroom and 12 months on-the-job training program designed to nurture the next line of business leaders for the Stanbic IBTC group.
- Trainees will be required to successfully complete all modules of classroom training and obtain a minimum score of 60% on each course and an overall score of 70%(this is subject to upward review) to be deemed successful and suitable to move into the next phase of the program.
- The training school assessment will be based purely on merit and will include both technical and behavioral skills.
- Upon successful completion of the 6-7 week classroom training program, graduating trainees will complete self-development experiential learning.
- Whilst working with Stanbic IBTC, you will have an opportunity to learn and benefit from our local and international insight, experience and pioneering spirit. We promote a high performance culture and a conducive work environment where passionate, engaged and accountable employees thrive in careers with endless possibilities.
- Each trainee will be assigned a mentor for 6 months to guide and coach him/her throughout the program.
- Successful trainees can be posted to work in any business unit or any location in any part of the country.
- Graduates Trainees will be required to work in varied work roles/ locations and context with increasing levels of complexity.
- Applicants must be passionate about building a career in Stanbic IBTC.
- Trainees would be based in Lagos but Graduates may be deployed to any department and locations across the country.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree in any course from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 credits (Mathematics and English inclusive) in GCE, NECO or its equivalent in one sitting.
- Applicants should not be more than 26 years of age as at August 1, 2017 .
- Applicants must have concluded NYSC, and must have discharge certificate in hand.
- Applicant’s Date of Birth, Gender and Class of degree must be clearly stated
- Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
- Customer-service oriented
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Intermediate to expert competence in the use of MS Office Suite
Application closes on October 20, 2017