Position: Account Assistant
Summary of Functions:
-Management Accounting- Transactions Posting, Bank Reconciliation & Fixed Asset Register
-Maintains fixed asset records; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by the Account Coordinator and or Financial Controller.
-Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
-Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
-Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
-Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
-Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
-On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and a special check request with Accounts Coordinator/Financial Controller, prints approved checks, prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
-Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
-Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
-Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
-Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of the department’s file management system. Files papers and documents into appropriate department files.
-Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
-Assists or prepares correspondence. Draft memos, and other reports as appropriate.
-Maintaining the department’s assigned office stationeries and equipment. Make requisitions for new or additional stationeries and equipment as appropriate.
-Provide administrative assistance to the other departments as required or requested.
-Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
A university degree in accounting preferred.
1-2 years of related accounting experience.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well with people is essential.
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
• Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies relating to payroll, taxes and general business financial conditions.
• Must be proficient in MS Office software – Word, Excel.
• Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Click here to apply