The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
Position Title: Account Assistant
Duration of Contract: One year
Work Hour: Full-Time
- Review of financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of vouchers and entering the transactions in to the accounting package and/or excel ledgers.
- Review advance requests to ensure that no additional advance is given while there is an unaccounted for advance against a staff.
- Undertaking a thorough review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness of the accountabilities.
- Ensure monthly generation of advance report and their submission to the Finance Manager for review before passing them to staff and sub recipients with outstanding advances.
- Keep track of all advances to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and assist to reconcile them.
- Review the petty cash transactions to ensure accuracy, reasonableness, completeness of documentation and that value for money was obtained before the approve for replenishment by Finance Manager;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the cash books for all the bank accounts.
- Ensure proper coding of all the expenditures is done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
- Coordination on financial matters with third parties like vendors, banks, URA, NSSF, etc
- Proper filing of all the accounting and supporting documents with proper references for ease of document tracing and ensure they are kept in accordance with the Organization’s and donor requirements.
- Any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Certification by professional Accounting bodies will be an added advantage (ACA.ACCA)
- At least 3 years of work experience in same position obtained from a busy and reputable organization. NGO experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Accounts packages and Ms. Office packages a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.