Position: Account Manager
Summary of Functions:
• To pro-actively manage the accounting services for the company.
• Supervise and lead the Accounting team in line with Company policy and best practices.
• Assist the VP-Finance in completing the necessary records and reports.
• To ensure that the accounting standards meet all corporate standards and that the finance team is able to deliver value for money support, timely management information and support the key performance indicators. Preparing for Internal audit and ensuring consistent finance standards
• Supervise, review and approve All payments and transfers made by the Company
• Supervise and review the receipts made into Company Accounts
• Securing consistent and timely management information including bank reconciliations
• Assist in preparation of Board reports and other Management information, as advised from time to time.
• Cash flow management and the supervision/management of petty cash across offices
• Monthly, Quarterly and Annual budgeting
• Effective supervision of subordinates on a day-to-day basis including guidance of and delegation of work; ensuring all daily, weekly and monthly tasks and deadlines are met.
• Supervising Bank reconciliations, revenue reconciliations, standing balances completed by agreed deadlines.
• Month end and year end closing of Accounting, in line with the IFRS. Presentation of a full and correct set of reports by agreed deadlines including accruals management.
• Ownership and troubleshooting of all financial systems including Accounting software/ ERP.
• Troubleshooting all tax and insurance related matters
• Liaising with other departments and business units on a range of financial issues
• Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole
• Monitoring banking money and cheques received and issuing receipts as requested or needed
• Overseeing the payment of invoices and fees as required or otherwise instructed
• Responsible for all taxes obligations according to corporate standards- Tax filings and related matters, management of withholding tax
• Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities
• Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
• Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
• Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
• Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system. Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
• Adheres to internal and external deadlines.
• Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance.
• Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
• Analysis and Internal Audit: Management Account Information
• Arranging financial audits and reviews as required’ Assist in the audit process as required.
• Key management data to be available to Top Management for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
• Internal audit standards are met and adhered to
• Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
• Accuracy of financial data transfer and reporting is pro-actively managed
• Monthly reports are distributed to the budget holders according to the agreed schedule
• Meet any ad hoc requests for information from budget holders and other staff.
• Highlighting any financial information to process owners that looks questionable from ERP and or other reports.
• Ensure that local management information systems that exist are fit for purpose, understood by the users and there are documented systems and procedures and that these are adhered to.
• Assist in the Financial Planning exercises
• Management of Core Accounting Processes
• Overseeing the processing of credit card payments received and transferring money from accounts
• Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required
• Monthly accruals and year end accruals
• Year-end accruals and accruals managed to corporate standards and deadline
• Maintaining accounts system, Ensuring prompt and complete reconciliations and adjustments as needed.
• Relevant university degree in Accounting. Professional qualification in Accounting or Finance is strongly desired.
• Five plus years of related finance, accounts or treasury experience.
• Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with standard accounting software packages
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Detail oriented and organized; Strong planning and prioritization abilities
• Ability to communicated verbally and in writing in Fluent English
• Must maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects and be comfortable with flexible working schedule to meet the needs of the Company and its executives
• Experience in working within fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multi-cultural business environment preferred.
• Advanced and strategic thinking skills
• Strong initiative & leadership skills
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
• Good reasoning and relational skills
• Ability to work with spreadsheets and other quantitative modeling
• Ability to adapt quickly
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to discuss & present complex strategic topics at a senior management level
• Good project management and organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
• Knowledge of relevant accounting and financial tools.
• Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, and sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is normally performed indoors in a traditional office setting. However, occasionally a working at a remote site or Store/Warehouse location may be needed. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
Click here to apply