International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of worldFish TAAT program seeks suitable Nigerians for the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Position Title: Accountant
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- These are national recruited positions and will be based at the WorldFish Nigeria Office in Ibadan, Nigeria and reporting to the TAAT- Aquaculture Value Chain Coordinator.
- This position is responsible for providing accounting and financial management support to the African Development Bank Funded Project in Nigeria and all other implementing project offices inside and outside Nigeria.
- The position will also assist the Project Management Team in planning, directing, and controlling financial and accounting activities and resources for the proper Project accounting and reporting at all levels
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Responsible for controlling and handling relevant accounting functions and resources pertaining to the Project. This includes, reviewing bills, invoices, receipts submitted for payment/liquidation and ensure all financial transactions are adequately supported and in compliance with the organization and donor policies
- Analyze and review the Project office financial data to ensure proper financial and project accounting is carried out and ensure timely monthly reporting of financial data to WorldFish for consolidating of financial results
- Responsible for managing project receivables and payables and preparation of monthly ledger analyses of the accounts
- Manage bank balances, funds requirements and perform monthly bank reconciliations of account balances related to the project. Prepare monthly funds transfer requests and submit to WorldFish Treasury
- Provide support to the project team in the development and monitoring of project annual and donor budgets, analysis of project related spending and preparation of donor financial reports
- Manage and Coordinate Partner financial activities including monitoring, reporting and ensure compliance with donor requirements and provide capacity building
- Collaborate with WorldFish Finance, Budget and Grants Team members for proper grants and project accounting, budgeting, donor reporting and work as focal person for all financial matters related to the Project
- Conduct relevant financial management training for Project Staff involved in project implementation to ensure everyone’s understanding of budgetary components, processes and financial compliance requirements of the project
- Guide the Project Team in maintaining and improving financial systems, controls and procedures for organizing risk free and compliant program and field operations
- Coordinate project internal and external audits and support the Project office in ensuring all audit findings are implemented timely.
- MBA or equivalent in a related field with minimum of seven (7) years’ progressive finance experience in a non-profit organization, and at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- The ideal candidate must have professional qualification which includes but not limited to Business Management, Accounting, Finance, with membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute (CIMA, CA / ACCA, FCA or equivalent).
- Experience in providing financial and administrative oversight of projects that include sub-granting components;
- Knowledge and experience in managing complex projects involving local and international partners/donors;
- Ability to think clearly and analytically, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, solving problems and making timely and appropriate decisions;
- Excellent leadership skills, strong team building skills, people management skills, ability to manage diversity and respond to gender issues;
- Solid knowledge regarding financial resources, contracts, assets and procurement, information and communication technology and general administration;
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English;
- Experience in using computerized Financial Management packages;
- Proficient in the use of ICT packages including Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc;
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, procurement and financial compliance requirements associated with African Development Bank is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills with staff, members, clients, counterparts and partners;
- Accurate and detail orientated, good communication skills verbal and written in French.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates must include cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.