Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
Position Title: Accountant
Zola Electric is seeking an experienced Accountant who will be a part of the Corporate Controller’s organization. The role focusses on Tax & Statutory compliance, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivables, Bank reconciliations and Fixed Assets in the organization. The person works with local stakeholders and suppliers on queries and reports directly to Accounting Manager
- Timely preparation of accurate due tax schedules for review by the finance manager
- Timely payment of all due taxes, proper filing of tax declaration & local compliance reporting
- Maintenance of up-to-date tax certificate before the expiry of existing tax certificate
- Liaise with external tax consultants
- Assist in payroll processing by verifying correctness & accuracy of the payroll, capturing the payroll entries into the financial system, subsequently paying the payroll.
- Manage the imprest process in the country
- Preparation of staff loans, staff advances and staff sales commission’s schedule. Reconciliation and run report for review by the finance manager
- Assist service managers in maintenance of accurate and up-to-date service/installation agents’ data for buy-in deduction and any other deductions as applicable
- Capture journals into the financial system for approval by the finance manager
- Assist with accounts payable queries and escalate any unresolved queries to the Finance Manager and Corporate Controller
- Monitor the handling of petty cash, collation of supporting documents/receipts and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation for the annual external audit and internal audits by ensuring that working paper files and the necessary supporting documentation is made available
- Monthly preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and follow up.
- Maintain proper records and filing systems to ensure completeness, validity, and accuracy of financial transactions
- Fixed Asset Management – Manage the asset tagging process based on input from the central team that maintains the asset register.
- Participate in a physical inventory (PI) to test what has been recorded in the asset register to confirm the existence of the assets, ensuring that any missing assets are promptly written off.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Participate in weekly Core Team Meetings and monthly Performance Review Meetings
- Liaises closely with the finance manager to provide the necessary updates on day-to-day activities
- Liaise with the central accounting team on accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Maintain sound working relationships with financial institutions, relevant authorities, especially Revenue Authority
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
Academic and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience, ideally 3-5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting principles
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Work under pressure
Application Deadline: Not Specified.