Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, Arusha, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Accounts Associate
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Associate Finance Manager, Nigeria
The Accounts Associate will be responsible for the AP and AR Functions of Greenlight Planet Sun King Nigeria Limited.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Reconciliation of processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Receiving and processing all Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense Forms, and request for payments.
- Performing daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations of Cash, Bank and Mobile Money Accounts.
- Confirmation of Customer Receipts and follow up on Customer Accounts that are overdue.
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Scheduling and preparing payments on the payment tracker.
- Reconciliation and adjustment of accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Verifying vendor and customer Accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disbursing petty cash by recording entry; and verifying documentation.
- Assisting in the filing of VAT Returns as well as reconciliation of the same.
The ideal Accounts Associate:
- Has a Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related qualification from a recognised institution
- Has 2-3 years’ Accounts Payable or General Accounting Experience
- Must be Computer literate; proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong Analytical and Communication skills
- Is a team player and proactive to learn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal or no supervision.
- Is highly proficient in Data Entry and Management.
- Is fluent in both written and spoken English language
- Is flexible and willing to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Deadline: Not specified