The Admiralty University of Nigeria was established as a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) through the joint efforts of Nigerian Navy Holdings (a subsidiary organization of the Nigerian Navy) and Hellenic Education Nigeria – (a private consultancy, with international educators as main partners).The objectives of the University are: to expand the frontiers of knowledge in various academic disciplines, in Nigeria; to use University education as a tool towards development and the enhancement of human welfare; to meet the challenges of nation building in Nigeria; and to address the acute shortage of personnel in various sections of the economy in Nigeria. As part of its declared National Policy on Education, the Federal Government of Nigeria hopes to provide education to all citizens. At the tertiary level, as with all levels, the Government has solicited and encouraged private participation to reduce its burden of educating all Nigerians. It is in heed to this national call and in tandem with their own goals and aspirations that the above mentioned education partners have established this new University.
The Admiralty University of Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and high calibre professionals for a number of Academic and Administrative vacancies.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill Full-Time, Part-Time and Daily Part-Time vacancies.
Position Title: Acting Heads of Department
Departments: Economics, English, Political Science, Sociology, Tourism Studies, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics
- Candidates for the role will be expected to demonstrate evidence of the following
knowledge, skills,and attributes:
- Doctorate in a relevant discipline or equivalent academic standing.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Evidence of scholarly publications in both local and international reputable learned journals,
plus membership of relevant professional bodies where required.
- Evidence of providing academic leadership including developing both teaching and research capability.
- Proven record of managing diverse resources in higher education or a similar environment.
- Evidence of successful innovation in managing and developing academic
- A strong external profile and evidence of building networks and developing and managing
successful external partnerships.
- Knowledge of the HE landscape -especially in the context of the Department’s specialisations -and the challenges facing the sector.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to motivate and develop others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including good IT skills for data analysis and
- Can identify strategic approaches and has the ability to generate operational implementation plans from high level strategy.
- Able to exercise sound judgement in prioritising activities, make evidence-based decisions and manage risk.
- Can plan and organise effectively and efficiently, identifying requirements and applying
project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and develop effective working relationships.
- Commitment to excellence in student and staff experience and relations with other
- Ability to identify and secure opportunities for development of the department / faculty.
- Membership at a senior level of national or international academic bodies or other professional organisations.
- Willingness to work flexibly including occasional weekends and evenings, e.g. to support open days
- Willingness to travel overseas as required.
How to Apply
To apply, it is essential that your Application consists of:
- A Cover Letter (maximum one single-sided A4 page) noting your personal and contact details and specifying the position(s) you are applying for;
- Your curriculum vitae (maximum 2 single-sided A4 pages) outlining your academic and professional qualifications as well as your work experience in reverse chronological order with your current, or most recent job, first; and
- A narrative (maximum 4 single-sided A4 pages) as to how you match the requirements noted under the Job Description
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14:00 hours on the 28th February 2018 as no late submissions will be considered.
Please note that the above job descriptions are not exhaustive. Kindly visit http://adun.edu.ng/vacancies/vacancies-administrative/ for more information.