Compliance Institute, Nigeria (CIN) is a pioneer professional membership – based Institution. It is the only Compliance Institute in West Africa and second in Africa only to the South Africa’s Compliance Institute of Southern Africa. Founded in 2015 as Compliance Institute for Banks and Other Financial Institutes in Nigeria, the Institute commenced operations in 2017 and in less than one year has inducted over 700 compliance professionals. The Institute currently has about 900 registered members.
We have a mandate to develop standards for practice of the Compliance profession and regulate its professional practice through stipulated licensing regime upon obtaining our Charter. Also, the Institute caters for the welfare and professional development of its members.
In the last one year, the Institute has undergone significant transformation led by its pioneer President-in-Council and its Executive team. Under the present leadership team, the Institute has recorded exponential growth in membership and improved its brand visibility becoming attractive for young people to take-up careers in the compliance profession.
The Institute is desirous to hire a strong leader and the face of the CIN to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to join our team and support our daily office procedures.
A successful Administrative Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records. If you have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role, we’d like to meet you. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
• Manage office supplies stock and place orders
• Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
• Maintain and update company databases
• Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
• Answer queries by employees and clients
• Update office policies as needed
• Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments
• Book meeting rooms as required
• Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
• Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
• Arrange travel and accommodations
• Schedule in-house and external events
• Handle Banking matters
• Candidates for the position of an Administrative Officer should possess a good first degree not below Second Class Lower division from a recognized University with credit pass in English Language at the SSCE plus at least 2 years post-qualification experience in the University system or comparable higher educational or professional institution
• 2 years Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
• Solid knowledge of office procedures
• Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
• Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• High school diploma; additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus
The CV should contain the following information in the order listed below:
The first half to 3/4 page should contain a summary of your profile
• Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
• Post Applied for.
• Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
• State of Origin, and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
• Contact Details (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
• Marital Status.
• Number of Children and their Ages.
• Next of Kin
• Contact Details of next of Kin (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
• Institutions attended with dates.
• Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
• Work Experience with dates.
• Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
• Conference/courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
• Professional accomplishment
• Publications with date.
• Service to national and international bodies.
• Extra-Curricular Activities.
• Any physical challenge?
• Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidate’s academic/work experience.
• Managing office supplies stock and placing orders
• Preparing regular financial and administrative reports
• Administration of company databases
All candidates are advised to request their referees (3) to forward confidential reports on them directly to the President/Chairman of council. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”. If sent by post, envelopes should be marked at the back top left hand corner with: name of applicant, department and position of the application to:
Applicant must not be more than 26 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates’ application letter supported by a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, full postal address, telephone number(s), e-mail address, and names of two contactable referees should reach the undersigned on or before Friday 21th March 2018, via email to: email@example.com. In addition, candidates should send hard copies, under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR/CEO” on top right corner and addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Bankers House, Adeola Hopewell Street Victoria Island , Lagos, Nigeria.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on the candidate’s character, professional and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Investment House No. 1 Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria.
This must reach the undersigned not later than 21th March, 2018.