25th and Staffing is a global human resource company borne out of vision to provide high value human resources, unparalleled customer experience and business advisory solutions to organizations and individuals. We specialize in recruitment, outsourcing and training.
Our client, a leading FMCG company in Lagos is in need of an AGM/ Senior Manager – Procurement Operations
JOB ROLE: AGM/ Senior Manager – Procurement Operations
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Head of Supply Chain
JOB FIELD: FMCG
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
To ensure timely availability of Raw & Packing Material both imported & locally sourced. Ensure smooth execution of the import process and Management of LPO and compliance to LPO terms and conditions.
• Maintain high servicing level for RMPM requirement while at the same time optimizing inventory holding. Ensuring no production disruption on account of material availability.
• Generate projections for both RM & PM requirement, both short term and long term and in line with this output assess and highlight the gap in current sourcing capacity and capability.
• To develop a flexible Bill of Material (BOM) structure to accommodate multiple product formulation for the same product
• To ensure timely opening of LC by concerned team followed; timely order processing and dispatch by suppliers; timely release of shipments on arrival by ensuring a very high level of communication between all stakeholders.
• To identify and empanel shipping lines, express cargo services and clearing & forwarding agents for optimizing between import freight cost(including clearing cost) and lead time of shipment.
• To continuously identify opportunities for reducing the import cycle starting from order initiation, processing, dispatch to final receipt of goods.
• Development of an independent import ordering and execution team
• To ensure execution and compliance based on terms of LPO. Primary point of contract with vendors for order execution.
• Contract Management of terms of LPO for all suppliers along with monitoring LPO Aging.
• Develop and implement systems which is paperless and requires little manual intervention in
o Integrating RMPM requirement generation with S&OP
o Import Order tracking from initiation to completion
o From requirement generation to local purchase order communication to vendor
• Master management : All vendors of supply chain function and all item codes for RMPM
• Procurement lead for implementation of S&OP process.
• To ensure timely payment to all vendors across all material groups.
INTERFACES FOR EXECUTING DAY JOB
– Departmental Head – Finance, SCD
– S&OP Team
– Category Purchase Managers for all material group both Imported and Locally Sourced
– NPD Team
– Production Team
– Procurement Order Execution & Imports Team
– Import Clearance Team
– Shipping Companies
– Clearing & Forwarding Agency
– Suppliers – International & Local
– Government & Regulatory Authority
Key Behavioural Competencies Required:
– Attention to Detail
– Consistent and Timely Communication
– Willingness to Learn and Adapt quickly
– High level of system and process orientation
– Ability to deal with complexity
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• B Tech /Economics Graduate and MBA with minimum 12yr of work experience in an MNC
• Work Experience in International & Local Procurement would be preferred
• Experience working with ERP systems & Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Work experience in Africa/ Nigeria is desirable
• Team Management
• Relationship Management
• Analytical, Communication and Presentation skills
SALARY: 10m – 13m p/a.
NOTE: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.
Qualified candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct job title as the subject of the email.