Western Union is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
We are seeking for an AML Compliance Officer based in our Lagos, Nigeria Office
In this role, you will responsible for working directly with Western Union Agents within assigned territory of Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
You will be the primary compliance resource with responsibilities of measuring Agents Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives, and, providing guidance and support to Agents.
You will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud procedures and assist in the development of Agents Locations Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Propose corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the conduction of the Compliance reviews of Agents (Locations /Points of Sale),
- Conduct regular WU Locations/Points of Sales reviews (Onsite /Offsite)
- Execute on established WU AML (Anti-money laundering) Compliance & Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards & oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implement policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensure that the locations Compliance program is maintained and relevant and up to Western Union Compliance Minimum Standards
- Conduct Anti-Fraud/Anti money laundering awareness ad-hoc training for locations operators during onsite reviews
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents locations within the region.
- Actively participates in Region Compliance discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk mitigation meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: GDD-FIU-FRM referrals and escalations, agents reviews, regulatory outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: manage referrals and escalations, agent reviews, and regulatory outreach
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of the following: Business Administration, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics with proven work experience within the financial services industry/Risk, Audit or Internal Control
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position within a financial industry or as compliance-officer and/or Risk, Audit and internal controller.
- Fluent in English.
- Detail oriented, excellent computer skills with all common MS Office programs
- Very good presentation skills.
- Aptitude for continuously learning and understanding AML(Anti-money laundering) risks and concerns as well as product uses and risks
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the Western Union business practices, organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional reports and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate, communicate information to various audiences verbally and in writing
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% or less depending upon work location and area assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Click here to apply