Position Title: Assistant Human Resource/Industrial Relations Manager
Our client is a multinational manufacturing company with head office based in Lagos.
Job Location: Ashaka, Gombe State (Ideal candidate should preferably be from the North & resident within the job location and its immediate environs)
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Asst Manager, IR/HR will demonstrate visible leadership and role modelling in Health & Safety (H&S) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I). More specifically, promoting H&S and D&I actions/behaviours within the function will be key, as well as fostering their integration in all programs, activities and documents developed by the department.
The role is responsible for all people based activity within designated area from both an operational and strategic perspective, leading and supporting the development and implementation of HR policy.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the implementation of the annual agenda for HR Strategy in line with functional plan.
- Support the Plant HRBP in the recruitment of non-management staff.
- Maintain the personnel administration/records for the site, ensuring on-time delivery, accuracy of information provided and legal compliance (especially for annual social statements, individual contracts).
- Support the development and continuous improvement of HR systems and policies in line with best practice.
- Work with Head of HR Industrial and Plant HRBP to identify opportunities and areas of improvement to support improved organizational and people performance.
- Coach and equip supervisors to effectively manage their people in line with people plans e.g. performance management
- Support production of HR data reporting and analysis to satisfy routine and ad-hoc organizational requirements
- Working with the Head of HR, Industrial/IR, manage employee and industrial relations for the plant and provide support and guidance to the Plant HRBP.
- Manage the interface with relevant statutory bodies and trade associations in the locality as agreed with the Plant HRBP in conjunction with Head of HR Industrial/IR.
- Support the Plant HRBP in the deployment of policies for effective employee / industrial relations management across the plant.
- Support the Plant HRBP on employee and industrial relations issues to ensure peaceful industrial atmosphere.
- Liaising with Head of HR Industrial/IR, support Plant HRBP in resolving industrial relations crisis in plant.
- Provide necessary support for the Plant HRBP during salary negotiations.
- Under the direction of the Plant HRBP manage projects as required.
- Monitor the social climate in the plant and provide regular feedback to the Plant HRBP and Head of HR Industrial/IR.
- Collaborate with and support other roles within the O & HR function as required.
- Any other similar responsibility assigned by line Manager.
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Head of HR Industrial/IR, Plant HRBP, Plant managers/supervisors
Work Experience & Education:
- 4– 6 years relevant HRBP or generalist experience
- Graduate in any relevant discipline
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills
- A solution based approach to problem-solving
- Project management skills
- Tenacious and flexible – open to change
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
PROPOSED SALARY & HOW TO APPLY:
- N 3, 000,000 – N6, 000, 000 gross per annum
- Qualified and interested Northern applicants should send updated CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘IR/HR-N’ as subject of mail before 28thAugust, 2017.
- Applicants that do not have the required profile need not apply.