Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Assistant Surveyor
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Assistance to all activities performed by the senior surveyors.
- Participates in the Call for Tender process, technical evaluations and selection of survey contractors
- Provide assistance to organize, supervise and QC all DW survey & positioning activities, including rig moves, well-set, metrology, inspection, and construction. QC of all drawings produced and received by DW Survey
- Provide general advice / assistance for all positioning maters within the Deepwater division.
- Regular update and management of charts and databases for exploration, development and production installations
- Maintain GIS database for the DW district, in relation with JV GIS coordinator.
- Interface with other GIS managers – (Projects + GIStools) in affiliate + HQ + other affiliates.
- Educated to a degree level in Surveying & Geomatics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience combining: Offshore Survey, CAD & GIS producing, data management.
- Knowledge of: GIS Software, AutoCAD / Micro Station, Microsoft Office suite, Geodesy & Map Projections.
- Ability to interface with survey contractors, from different cultures.
- Good technical and working knowledge of CAD, GIS, Geodesy & Map Projection, survey equipment and techniques for surface and deep water positioning.
- Minimal knowledge of the offshore industry
In undertaking this role, the job holder will:
- Proactively carry out the activities of the job.
- Perform regular HSE meeting with contractors
- Be responsible for achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all times
- Willingly and openly share good practice.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2018.