At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Audit Associate
Job ID: 125-NIG00150
- The Audit Associate will be responsible for learning and applying technical skills and working as part of an engagement team carrying out the audit of companies in the energy, utilities and resources industry, under the supervision of Audit Seniors and Audit Managers.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish working knowledge of the client’s accounting procedures and processes.
- Evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures; making recommendations for improvements.
- Perform substantive tests and tests of controls to identify and resolve accounting or reporting issues.
- Identify any accounting or audit issues and perform the necessary research to resolve such issues.
- Provide recommendations for strengthening internal controls and promoting business efficiency.
- Proactive in seeking coaching and clarification on assigned tasks from the audit seniors and audit managers.
- Lead small engagement team with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching and supervision.
- Act as an assistant team lead on medium sized engagement while reporting effectively to the senior associate and manager (as required).
- Build strong working relationships with client contacts.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including preparation of audit plans, budgets and engagement letters.
- Preparing client assistance schedules (CAS) and following-up on client deliverables.
- Minimum of First Degree Certificate with not less Second Class Upper division/Upper Credit.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or Part Qualified.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Candidate must possess not more than 5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical, presentation and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility for personal growth
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team-working.
- Desire for continuous improvement.
- Good listening.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Application Deadline: December 6, 2017.
Click here to apply