Media Trust Limited, publisher of DAILY TRUST and other newspaper titles, is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidates to fill the position below:
Position Title: Audit Officer
The Audit Officer supports and assists in reviewing the financial transactions of the company, ensuring that errors and fraud, where and when they occur, are detected. The role holder will also assist in upholding the integrity of all financial statements by detecting all transactions that are inconsistent with the company’s accounting and other corporate policies and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for store operations by ensuring and monitoring receipts and issues are being recorded timely and in an orderly manner.
- Assist in scrutinising all payment vouchers and all other payment instruments;
- Double-check all retirements submitted by staff and outsiders;
- Assist in the conduct of periodic supervision of stock taking/valuation;
- Assist periodic spot checking on the accounts department and other departments;
- Drafting the assigned audit plan including scope and objectives of the audit, and audit procedures for review and approval
- Drafting Audit report and obtaining feedback for review
- Conducting special assignment as may assigned
Requirements, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Accounting or related disciplines from any reputable University/Polytechnic;
- Certificate of NYSC
- Minimum of 5 years practical audit experience;
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Practical knowledge and application of audit processes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others;
- Willingness to work at odd hours or put in extra hours;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- A logical thinker who pays attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure to respond to service needs.
- Candidate must be between the age of 30 – 40 years
Application Deadline: June 19, 2018.