A manufacturer and distributor of Medical equipment and consumables of top Chinese brands is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Position: Biomedical Engineer
Job Experience: Minimum 2 years
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Using computer software and mathematical models to design, develop and test new materials, devices and equipment. This can involve programming electronics, building and evaluating prototypes, troubleshooting problems, and rethinking the design until it works correctly;
- liaising with technicians and manufacturers to ensure the feasibility of a product in terms of design and economic viability;
- conducting research to solve clinical problems using a variety of means to collate the necessary information, including questionnaires, interviews and group conferences;
- working closely with other medical professionals, such as doctors and therapists as well as with end-users (patients and their carers);
- discussing and solving problems with manufacturing, quality, purchasing and marketing departments;
- assessing the potential wider market for products or modifications suggested by health professionals or others;
- arranging clinical trials of medical products;
- approaching marketing and other industry companies to sell the product;
- writing reports and attending conferences and exhibitions to present your work and latest designs to a range of technical and non-technical audiences;
- meeting with senior health service staff or other managers to exchange findings;
- dealing with technical queries from hospitals and GPs and giving advice on new equipment;
- testing and maintaining clinical equipment;
- training technical or clinical staff;
- investigating safety-related incidents;
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the field, nationally and internationally.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum Second Class Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Engineering / Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with Biomedical
- Should be ready to work in any part of the
- a strong interest in the integration of engineering and medicine;
- excellent communication skills in order to liaise with a variety of people;
- good attention to detail;
- spatial awareness, three-dimensional conceptual ability and computer literacy (particularly for design engineers);
- the capacity to combine a high degree of technical knowledge with creativity;
- the ability to design products that are effective and practical as well as cost effective and aesthetic;
- commercial awareness, in order to appreciate a product’s marketability;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Aged 25- 40years
Method of application
Applicants should send their Applications, Cover letters and Resume/Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the email and also indicate same at the top right corner of their CVs.
Submission closes on the 23rd February, 2018.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.