We are seeking to fill the position of a Business Development Officer to identify sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
Due to recent restructuring, the company is expanding and diversifying its clientele, hence the need to hire a business development officer who will be responsible for acquiring new customers and selling the company’s services to existing ones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
• Planning and preparing presentations for pitches
• Communicating new product/service developments to prospective clients
• Report writing and providing management with feedback
• Analyze current customer base, including portfolios, to identify potential sales opportunities
• Build strong relationships with customers, outside business contacts, and company stakeholders
• Review and communicate proposals and cost estimates to customers and stakeholders
• Negotiate timelines and budgets
• Develop and test unique business strategies and concepts
• Collaborate with colleagues and peers on the sales, marketing, and product/service development teams to improve overall customer experience and satisfaction
• Stay up to date on company best practices, policies, products, pricing, and promotions
• Increase overall sales efficiency and profitability through excellent salesmanship
• Analyze the current and past budgets, expenses, sales, revenues and product deficiencies in order to provide recommendations for business growth and problem resolution.
• Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
• Respond to the client queries regarding the products in a timely fashion.
• Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
• Prepare the annual marketing budget and track the expenses against the budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, business management or any related field.
• A master’s degree or relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• A valid driving license is also essential.
• 2-3 years proven field experience in sales and marketing
Skill and Competence:
• Good business sense
• A deep understanding of marketing principles
• A positive attitude
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Familiarity with relevant software, such as Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Critical thinking skills, analytical, organized, excellent time management
• Creatively-minded, good at thinking ‘outside the box’
• Must be available full time
Application Deadline: Not specified