Compliance Institute, Nigeria (CIN) is a pioneer professional membership – based Institution. It is the only Compliance Institute in West Africa and second in Africa only to the South Africa’s Compliance Institute of Southern Africa. Founded in 2015 as Compliance Institute for Banks and Other Financial Institutes in Nigeria, the Institute commenced operations in 2017 and in less than one year has inducted over 700 compliance professionals. The Institute currently has about 900 registered members.
We have a mandate to develop standards for practice of the Compliance profession and regulate its professional practice through stipulated licensing regime upon obtaining our Charter. Also, the Institute caters for the welfare and professional development of its members.
In the last one year, the Institute has undergone significant transformation led by its pioneer President-in-Council and its Executive team. Under the present leadership team, the Institute has recorded exponential growth in membership and improved its brand visibility becoming attractive for young people to take-up careers in the compliance profession.
The Institute is desirous to hire a strong leader and the face of the CIN to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: CEO/Registrar
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Key Roles and Responsibilities: The post of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer of CIN will become vacant by 31st March 2018. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of Registrar/CEO of Compliance Institute, Nigeria. CIN is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated person who has the capability, energy and drive to lead the transformation of the Association to a world class professional compliance organization and to the highest leadership position in Africa.
The candidate shall have maturity, experience and a down to earth attitude necessary to provide excellent leadership. CIN is keen to fill the position with an individual who has excellent people skills, solid all round business acumen, and proven institutional development testimony. The successful candidate will also have strong administrative and digital skills with computer systems proficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Amongst others, the CEO/Registrar will:
1. Enhance the Institute’s advocacy role and stakeholder engagement across all tiers of the economy
2. Oversee development and widespread dissemination of regulations for the practice of the profession, and enforcement of licensing regime.
3. Direct strategic initiatives to integrate the Institute’s professional curriculum with those of tertiary institutions to meet requirements for the study of the compliance profession and formal accreditation by Nigeria University Commission.
4. Drive execution of the Institute’s strategic and operational plans, and direct daily administrative tasks of the Secretariat to achieve the Institute’s goals.
5. Ensure implementation of all policies, plans and decisions of the Council, Executive team and various Committees of the Council of the Institute.
6. The main objective of the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer is to provide leadership and coordinate all activities of CIN in accordance with its enabling Law, Regulations and Rules, and its Strategic Plan, as well as implementing decisions of the Governing Council of CIN.
7. The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer of CIN, and is directly responsible to the Governing Council for the day to day management of the affairs of the Institute.
8. The Registrar is also the Secretary to Governing Council of the Institute.
9. The Registrar is to lead the overall growth and development of the Institute, which involve key activities such as:
• Digitalization of Operations
• Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting
• Relationship Management
• Operational Management
• Human Resources and Leadership
• Compliance with statutory requirements with clear understanding of Regulatory, Government and Industry Processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate for the post of Registrar/CEO is required to possess:
1. A suitable candidate must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university and a Masters Degree in any Social Sciences including Accounting, Economics, etc. or relevant disciplines from a recognized university;
2. An evidence of active membership of CIN or any reputable professional institute anywhere in the world for at least 3 years or full or active membership of a compliance-related Professional Institute or Business Membership Organization for at least 5 years will be added advantage.
3. The individual must have a minimum of 10 years’ cognate working experience in administrative, general or operational management roles with demonstrable capability in engaging diverse stakeholders, leading teams and delivering results.
4. The individual must have at least 5 years managerial experience at top management level in the private sector of the economy in Compliance, Internal Audit, Internal Control, Risk Management, Legal and General Administration). Persons serving in a similar position in a recognized professional Institute will be added advantage;
5. A high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
6. A demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership drive in previous positions; in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skill;
7. Strong leadership qualities, immense professional and industry knowledge as well as contacts.
8. A considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and judgement on management matters with outstanding experience at top management level;
9. A capacity to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
10. A capacity to understand the complexity of the compliance professional system and must be able to effectively utilize CIN human resources to attain a world class status;
11. An excellent physical and mental health
12. Must be ICT compliant.
Applicant must not be more than 40 years old as at the date of assumption of duty on 1st April, 2018.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The post of the Registrar/CEO is a full-time position and tenure based. The successful candidate shall hold the office for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, renewable on successful accomplishment of agreed goals, based on thorough performance assessment. CIN offers attractive and competitive package in accordance with its conditions of service to the successful candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates’ application letter supported by a curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, full postal address, telephone number(s), e-mail address, and names of two contactable referees should reach the undersigned on or before Friday 21th March 2018, via email to: email@example.com. In addition, candidates should send hard copies, under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF REGISTRAR/CEO” on top right corner and addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Bankers House, Adeola Hopewell Street Victoria Island , Lagos, Nigeria.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on the candidate’s character, professional and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope addressed to: The President/Chairman of Council, Compliance Institute, Nigeria, Investment House No. 1 Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria.
This must reach the undersigned not later than 21th March, 2018.