Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning; HIV and AIDS prevention and treatment; malaria prevention and treatment;, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal, newborn and child health care. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck for Mothers, Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. At this time, we seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant positions, in response to organizational growth.
We require competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Position Title: Civil Society Engagement Advisor
Reference code: CSEA-Kano and CSEA-Lagos respectively
Location: Kano, Lagos
Project: Subject to securing donor funding
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract (six years)
The Civil Society Engagement Advisor will take lead at ensuring optimizing civil society engagement roles, networking and alliance building, support in facilitating a participatory consultative process and developing a longer-term vision and strategy for SFH’s civil society engagement on the project.
- Support CSOs engagement and conduct effective, strategic and coordinated malaria programme advocacy and monitoring at regional and national levels, reinforcing the programmes accountability and securing leadership’s political will.
- Support CSOs’ increased understanding of malaria programming in attainment of health system objectives, with improved capacity and tools to participate and contribute, strengthening national, state and local level processes and the sustainability of actions.
- To improve dialogue among CSOs and with other implementing partners through developing more and effective communication platforms and the sharing of higher quality information.
- To promote behavior change among community members and service providers for the demand and supply of malaria services.
- Must possess a B.Sc/HND in Sciences, Social Sciences courses with Postgraduate degree in planning, public policy, development studies, political sciences or any related field
- Must possess extensive field experience in managing programmes.
- Must possess at least five (5) years post NYSC experience including Civil society engagement roles, demand creation roles, networking and alliance building with other agencies
- Must possess in-depth experience in developing and managing delivery of strategies across multiple, remote teams
- Must possess substantial experience, knowledge and awareness of malaria programming
- Must possess strong conceptual and analytical skills, and ability to think/operate innovatively and strategically
- Must possess willingness and ability to travel across the response cities
- Must possess excellent facilitation skills and the ability to support entities to translate research to policy, and policy to strategic plans for implementation is compulsory.
- Must possess ability to speak local language in preferred state will be of added advantage
- Must possess good listening, communication, report writing and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Application Letter (using the “reference position” as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: CSEA1@sfhnigeria.org Quote the “reference position and application code” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should send the application, as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone number(s), e-mail address and contact details to the email address.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and task are subject to change prior to project start-up.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.