Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Jumia Travel is a hotel/flights booking website that provides travellers with the perfect place/flight they need at the best price from more than 25,000 hotels in Africa and more than 200,000 hotels around the world.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
This role is ideal for a travel professional with sales experience within a travel agent or a tour operator, seeking career development and something a little different. Reap the benefits and utilise your existing travel experience!
In particular you will:
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Communicating with clients to understand their travel needs
- Preparing tailor made proposals
- Converting enquiries to bookings to exceed targets and earn commission
- Supporting senior managers with ad hoc projects
- Develop, build, and manage a client base of corporate accounts
- Target new and existing B2B accounts
- Attend networking events with PR/Marketing team and Follow up on leads generated from the events
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- 3 – 5 years experience selling travel packages to B2B
- Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc)
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Ability to understand client’s needs and present solutions
- Understanding of market and product
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Application Deadline: Not specified.