United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
Position Title: Cost/Budget Accountant
Level: Senior Staff
Reports To: Finance Manager
- Prepare reports, budgets and commentaries including variance analysis, on monthly financial statements.
- Undertake financial administration and work with the Internal Audit team.
- Liaise with managerial staff and other colleagues in the Finance Department.
- Assist in the development and management of financial systems and Company Operating Procedures (COPs).
- Forecasting income and expenditure based on existing & future prospective contracts.
- Contribute to advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
- Design, create and implement strategies, best practices and process improvements.
- Identify operational opportunities and implement best processes and practices. Present reports on revenue, expenditure and profits monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Report on expenditure and cash balance on daily basis.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Analyse actual costs and prepare periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyse and report variances between budgeted costs and actual operation costs.
- Liaise with managers and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance),plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases, materials and operations costs).
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and yearly inventory counts.
- Investigate inventory counting variances and resolve issues.
- Analyse changes in raw materials, operating methods and services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly and annual budgets, compare it to actual results, and report on variances between budgeted costs and actual costs.
- Review costs of all inventory, labour, and material purchases.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget.
- Review costs and managers’ budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, andcompliance with regulations.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing.
- Carry out assigned duties with honesty.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years’ post NYSC experience as an Accountant, Cost Accountant or Budget Accountant.
- Possession of ICAN or CIMA is an added advantage
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, state and national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Commitment to ensuring financial integrity, and ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical ability, including the ability to quickly and effectively analyze, compare, and interpret data.
- Solid decision making skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated expertise with computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office (MS Excel in particular).
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
Application Deadline: Not specified
Applicants should send CVs to HR@unitedgeophysical.com