Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
Position Title: Country Finance Manager
To manage the operational financial functions of the country to minimise financial risks and manage the sustainability of operations in the country.
- Participate in strategic meetings to develop and implement Finance strategy for the country, taking into account country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines
- Develop implementation plan of Financial Strategy in collaboration with the team and monitor implementation therein
- Budget Management and Cash Flow Management activities; including periodic cash flow projections, devising and implementation of policies and procedures, payment approval processes, providing guidance to management to optimize expenditure etc.
- Ownership of Country Financial Statements: Overall accountability for postings to the country financial ledgers. Reviewer and approver of periodic expenditure reports, monthly reconciliations and annual financial statements.
- General administration of Financial Management, including management and maintenance of an effective document management system and ensuring that all operating permits are in place
- Inventory and Fixed Asset Management: Periodic verification of stock counts, writing-off of stock losses, management of asset register and ensuring that an active insurance policy secures assets
- Risk Management: Devising and implementing periodic financial and operational risk assessments and internal audits to ensure that risks are properly managed
- Budget Management: Responsible for developing and monitoring annual departmental budgets, assessment of budget variance and authorize expenses
- Stakeholder Management: Actively participate in periodic meetings, provide operational updates to country MD, provide financial advice to country MD/heads of departments and maintaining working relationships with relevant authorities especially Revenue Authority
- People Management: Responsible for leading the recruitment, managing learning & development and managing performance reviews of own team members
- Relevant post-graduation qualification CA, CPA, or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.
- 5+ years financial management experience
- Knowledge of financial management principles
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Understanding of the local business environment
- Knowledge of the relevant financial legislation pertaining to the country
- Strategic planning skills
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Risk management skills
Application Deadline: Not Specified.