Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Customer Success Expert
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- Customer Success Experts are the beating heart of Paystack. You’ll be the face of Paystack to all our merchants and their first point of call when they have a question or need help.
- More importantly, Customer Success Experts are the primary liaisons between Paystack and our top customers. This means that you’ll drive Paystack’s growth engine by building deep relationships with all our largest merchants, identify new business opportunities, and work to increase adoption of Paystack within your portfolio of companies.
- Customer Success Experts work with literally every team in the company, and serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible payments experience to merchants and their customers.
- This is not yet another customer service role. Paystack is unique in that our Customer Success Experts are our primary representatives to our key merchants, with the greatest visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for Paystack’s key merchants
- Represent Paystack at industry events, fairs, and demos
- Respond to customer questions quickly via email, phone, and social media
- Review Go Live requests to activate Paystack for new merchants
- Update the Paystack Knowledge Base with answers to common questions
- Highlight feature requests and bugs to the Product and Engineering teams
- Act as a strong internal advocate of Paystack customers during company discussions
What it Takes to Succeed at this Role
- Are an excellent writer and speaker, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain language
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- Perceptive and a fast learner: you’re able to quickly understand the technology that powers Paystack, and able to help customers achieve their goals, even if they’re unable to articulate those goals
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer service
While this is Not strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Have a background in software development
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2018.
- Please use the “Apply to Position” button at the top right of the page online to submit your application. Do not use the “Apply Using LinkedIn” option.
In your Application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page.