The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
Position Title: Data Technical Officer (Informatics)
Duration of Contract: One year
Work Hour: Full-Time
- Good knowledge of the District health information system version 2 (DHIS2)
- Need to have programming and system architecture expertise to be able to do DHIS2 customizations and deployment.
- Should be able to do database design and data integration skills in programming language, i.e. Java and Java script Skills in DHIS 2.
- Basic skills in HMIS, data management
- Can build and deploy new functionality for DHIS2 (either as external module or by modifying the source code)
- Experience using cloud services and using a variety of open source technologies
- Develop and implement DHIS 2 tools and training materials
- Maintain data backup and archival procedures
- Can trouble shoot and provide support to users of DHIS2 across multiple administrative levels
- Can communicate with relevant stakeholders on data quality issues
- Perform other tasks given to him by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or advance Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Possess at least 2 years experience in software programming and working in public health sector
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2).
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net, Java, SQLand other related languages.
- Understanding of the DHIS2 database
- Experience with software programming language including but not limited to Java, Java script
- Skills in customization of DHIS2
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health- NPHCDA, and partner organizations
- Experience using data management software including but not limited to Excel& pivot tables and PowerPoint
- Experience in planning and coordinating field deployments
- Capable of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Good communication skills
- Certifications from DHIS2 academies will be a plus.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.