Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Distribution Associate
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Distribution Associate – Deliver & Return to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist in the coordination of LMD activities for all health commodities (both Pharma, non-pharma and cold chain) for various donors; PEPFAR, PMI, Global Funds
- Under the supervision of the Distribution Advisor, monitor and ensure the completion of distribution activities and accounting for all stock distributed through proper documentation.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of 3PL to ensure efficiency in delivery of commodities to service delivery points, including management and monitoring of lead times, PODs and tracking functions
- Assist in the review of PODs to ensure that deliveries are made in accordance with the distribution plan and were variation exist propose immediate corrective action.
- Assist in the review of invoices submitted by 3PLs; prepare cover notes certifying the accuracy of bills on invoices and/or documenting all errors and discrepancies found in the review of invoice and ensuring all supporting documents accompany invoices as the case maybe, and follow up with concerned 3PL, as the need arises
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled inspection of 3PL warehouses
- Support in the resolution of possible discrepancies in PODs and distribution plans after review and reconciliation. communicate same to the supervisor and other team members for follow up with concerned 3PL
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled inspection of 3PL assets used for distribution/transportation.
- Provide other operations activities as assigned by department.
- Responsible for following of with 3PLs on daily update and timely rendition of Proof of Deliveries
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Distribution Manager- Deliver & Return.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health Logistics Management or other related Sciences
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and distribution of health commodities
- Above average IT skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project desirable
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to monitor, supervise and provide support to distribution 3PLs
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-motivated and self-managing
- The Distribution Associate – Deliver & Return will report to the Distribution Advisor – Deliver & Return
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 421,667.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 393,480.00 (Per year)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 123,189.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 160,670.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2018.