Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are currently recruiting into the following positions:
Position Title: Distribution Substation Operator
Location: Ogun, Osun and Kwara States
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions. Records hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Switches and maintains substation equipment for proper operation.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Highest Educational Qualification:
- OND – Electrical Engineering
Years of Experience:
- 0-3 years Work Experience
- Technical knowledge of power distribution networ
- Technical knowledge in Switchgear Operation.
- Computer literacy
- Safety and basic standard protection
- Good Communication skill
- Problem Solving
- Essential Computer (MS Office Applications)
- Understanding of Electrical Distribution Regulations and System.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2017