Our client, a leading Oil and Gas company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Position Title: Electrical Supervisor
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Facilities Coordinator
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for supervising all electrical activities in prioritizing work assignments, overseeing safety and procedural training, and ensuring electrical work is performed in compliance with applicable electrical code standards.
- Ensuring that Health & Safety is first and foremost in all work activities. And Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Provide technical guidance and support with Hands-on as the team installs, maintains, and repairs the building’s electrical system and ensuring high standards.
- Carry-out daily facilities inspections using the Facilities inspection checklist to ascertain the conditions of all Electrical systems within the facility
- Responsible for daily monitoring of equipment and collation of data from this equipment where necessary to enable data trending for predictive maintenance strategy
- Prepare all required reports on a weekly, daily and monthly basis OR as required. Review work documentation (service orders, work orders, etc.) and ensure they are completed on time, staffed properly, and the quality of work meets contract requirements and approved standards
- Review electrical engineering drawings and refer issues requiring changes.
- Assign job tasks and work as per electrical project schedulesPlans wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers, and fuse boxes
- Guide, train, and monitor assigned employees as required, these include electrical staffs, hired labor
- Work with the facilities coordinator in the proper planning and development of work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of electrical expenditures, and procedures for electrical systems maintenance
- Work closes with the facilities coordinator in management and supervision of specialist subcontractors for jobs subcontracted (3rd party contractor).
- Thorough supervision of fabrication standards to ensure quality work attained from assigned staff.
- Develop electrical expenditures priority and equipment and appliance maintenance procedures.
- Develop electrical material, labor forecasts, estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials. And ensure accurate database of electrical activities including material inventory records and electrical supplies
- Ensure compliance with Design and agreed materials.
- Work closes with facilities coordinator in conducting the condition assessment on electrical equipment per time or as required
- Ensure a Proactive work structure and that installation work is completed within agreed programmed limits.
- Ensure that all assigned working tools are safely kept and maintained.
- Follow-up to ensure close-out of all user’s complaint on any electrical system related issues towards achieving 100% customer satisfaction
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Professional Qualification i.e. COREN, MNSE, MNIQS, RQS, PMP.
- 4 years Electrical Engineering experience in a fast-paced organization with at least 18 months in a supervisory position
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations of electrical systems and components Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Project management and supervision skills
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the work at the job site as a project
Working Condition includes foot and vehicle travel within the facilities for supervisory duties, communication with, the other team member
Physical demands include a lot of walking, climbing ladders to storage and as required, lifting, and bending, etc.