The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Operate Tractor for mowing, ridging, spraying and harrowing;
- Mark fields using marker; Trail and Plough for research field operation;
- Spray research field with spraying machine;
- Apply fertilizer to research field;
- Carryout harvest operations with harvester; Attend to minor repairs when necessary;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- SSCE or Trade Test with valid professional class E drivers’ licence and with at least five (5) years tractor operations working experience.
- Must be strong and agile.
- Have ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Must be hardworking, honest and trustworthy.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Deadline: January 2, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.