GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Job Function: Business Management
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
- GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- As a key member of the GE Africa team, this position will provide efficient and effective administration service/support to assigned GE Africa leaders in Nigeria and coordinate VIP Country Travel.
- In addition, this role will support as office administrator for the Nigerian office and perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
Executive Administrative Support – In this role, responsibilities include:
- Act as first point of contact for those approaching the GE Executives, responding to and re-directing incoming enquiries as appropriate.
- Support senior executive staff in scheduling of calendars, managing diaries and events etc.
- Gather market intelligence and preparing reports
- Manage facilities in Nigeria office and provide office management support.
- Handle information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Facilities Management and Commercial Events Coordination.
VIP Region Travel Coordination
- Manage protocol and coordinate the region itinerary for visiting GE Officers and VIPs to SSA region
- Liaise with relevant global executive assistants, security, corporate travel and GE staff
- Ensure compliance with GE guidelines on government protocols
- A University Degree in Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences
- Proven experience in dealing at Senior Executives level within a multinational
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 year in supporting Executives
- 3+ years with GE or similar multinational supporting Officers and Senior Executives international travel
- Excellent calendar management skills, travel management, including the coordination of complex executive meetings across multiple geographies
- Team player, inclusive and ability to build relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment at a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Outstanding presentation, attention to details, organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, clear thinker with a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness with experience working in developing markets
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent project management skills, good business acumen and attitude in order to support Executive and team in high growth markets
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Prior work experience in Africa a strong plus. Must possess a valid permit to work in Nigeria
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexible working hours – Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make independent decisions with minimal oversight … a self-starter and an ability to think ahead and plan for all scenarios.
Application Deadline: Not specified.