The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Position Title: Executive Assistant to CIA
Job holder is responsible for supporting the Chief Internal Auditor, Internal Audit department and contributing to the effectiveness of the team through provision of high quality administrative and technical support functions. The incumbent will also track various activities for the Function to ensure timely reporting and improvement initiatives are monitored and reported and that accountabilities by the Function is maintained.
- First line of contact for the office concerning any enquiries, drafts communications, relays complex/sensitive information and instructions and responds as appropriate.
- Ensures matters are treated in a timely and professional manner by directing individuals to the appropriate channels.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and presentations which may incorporate the formatting of data /text graphics and spreadsheets
- Manage the team’s diary, arranging and prioritising appointments.
- Prepares and manages agendas, minutes, specific assignments, and follow-up for the Coordinator/team and associated project teams.
- Provides logistic support by researching and /or compiling information/ documentation for the preparation of reports, assembles and organises materials for meetings and coordinates administrative details of projects.
- Generates, manages and distributes general memos, correspondence, reports and mail to the Department. Participates in projects as directed.
- Conducts ad – hoc research for specific meetings, proceedings or projects and assists with contingency planning exercises.
- Provide administrative support concerning the maintenance of files as directed by the supervisor to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements
- First Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a highly pressurised environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Sound organisational skills and thorough attention to details.
- Possess s high level of discretion and calmly handles a demanding work load with conflict priorities
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic project management skills
- Knowledge of office administration processes and procedures
- Tactful and takes own initiative
- Good sense of humour and positive attitude
- Able to handle pressure and still remain pleasant
- Well informed and articulate
Application Deadline: 26th June, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to EX.Assistant@abujaelectricity.com The application should be emailed as stated above, the subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instruction will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.