The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Position Title: Field Worker II
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in field and screen house planting operation for regeneration and virus indexing;
- Ensure data collection on characterization for screen house, field regeneration and multiplication activities;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- O’Level certificate with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate and have good sense of cleanliness and safety precaution.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.