Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance Sector. The company was incorporated as a private limited liability company. Mutual Benefits Assurance PLC, along with its subsidiary; Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Limited transacts both General and Life Insurance businesses.
A key driver of insurance penetration in Nigeria, MUTUAL BENEFITS offers innovative products and services that meet the insuring needs od every Nigerian. MUTUAL BENEFITS has the largest number of trained professionals in the industry, with over five thousand staff and sales executives in 57 branches nationwide.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Finance and Account Officer
ROLE: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER
Objectives: To Secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts and payments and resolving discrepancies.
• Receiving of client payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and issuance of receipts on a daily basis.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions using approved forms and processes.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results within approved timelines
A good first in Accounting or Related Subjects
Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Must be Thorough, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication.
Application Deadline: Not specified.