Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Finance Analyst
- As the Finance Analyst at Paystack, you’ll be responsible for daily reconciliation of transactions processed on Paystack, managing merchant receivables, and validation of bank statements and balances.
- Other responsibilities include monthly accounting entries for P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows. You should be well versed in reading and understanding financial statements. You’ll also be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in alignment with all financial policies and compliance requirements.
- We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you – as our second ever finance hire – to help build a solid foundation upon which we can support some of the continent’s best-performing businesses.
- And you’ll do all this while working extremely closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Finance Lead.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Finance Analyst at Paystack, you will:
- Oversee cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies.
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance.
- Establish accounting operational strategies by working with engineering team, identifying requirement gaps, automating processes, and implementing updates to internal tools.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
What it takes to succeed in this role:
- Have accounting experience within a multinational business
- Are highly proficient in MS Excel
- Have fantastic written and spoken communication skills
- Are able to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Have strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output over effort
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in the banking, payments, or credit card industry
- Have experience with Sage One or Xero Accounting
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2018.
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please click the “Apply to Position” button (it can be found at the bottom of this page, or at the top right) to submit your application. Do not use the “Apply Using LinkedIn” option.
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page