A non-governmental organization involved in health communication invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the job title above
Post title: Finance Assistant – Ref CodeFA001
Responsible to: Senior Finance Officer
Purpose: To provide support to the Senior Finance officer in all finance matters regarding all aspects of the organisation finance management
Support to the day-to-day management of finances within applicable, systems and procedures and consistent with the statutory requirements.
Assist Senior Finance Officer in all accounts works i.e.
- Assist the Account Officer to manage the financial transactions in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports as required
- Participate in the preparation, management and control of the budget
- Raising of cheques and Cheque Payment Vouchers (CPVs)
- Posting of all CPvs into QuickBooks
- Cash withdrawals
- Cheque lodgments
- Submits transfer instructions
- Payment of cheques
- Bank reconciliation statements of all sub accounts
- Petty Cash Management
- Maintains the petty cash imprest system
- Raising of petty cash vouchers (PCV)
- Cash disbursements
- Posting of all petty cash vouchers into QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Keep accurate records of petty cash and reconcile daily
- Process travel authorization and scope of travels
- Review of travel and activity retirement both from HQ and state offices
- Issues receipts for unused funds and pays directly into designated bank
- Show list of unsettled advances by staff as at month end.
- Ascertain records of consultants and vendors i.e. contracts, Cvs, time sheets and invoices
- Reviews the reports from all the state FA
- Office payment of supplies, utilities, telecommunication, mailing
- Support all project procurements and the inventory/maintenance of all equipment, materials where necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- BSc. Accounting (any professional qualification will be an added advantage)
- At least 1-year work experience in finance (NGO experience will be an added advantage).
Applications should be made using a CV of no more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a cover letter (max 1 side A4) stating the suitability for the position. Application emails must indicate the post reference code in the subject line. Applications with CVs and cover letters should carry full names of applicant and should be forwarded to email@example.com Closing date for all applications is 5.00pm Monday 6 November 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered. If you have not received a response by 17 November 2017, please consider that you were not successful at this time.