RusselSmith Group is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Finance Intern
Job Reference Code: RS-FIN-005
Job Type: Intern
Summary of Functions
- Keep track of the money going into and coming out of an organization. This includes monitoring the accounts payable and the accounts received, as well as tracking and cataloging the progress of invoices.
- Receives daily project progress reports for preparation and processing client invoices.
- Assists in monitoring loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Assists in monitoring company’s finances, setting financial priorities and creating budgetary goals.
- Responsible detecting and, where possible, correcting any financial irregularities. Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
- Calculating financial ratios and valuation.
- Financial analysis of company and projects; determining profitability of company and projects.
- Foreign Exchange Management
- Working Capital Management
- Bank relationships Management
- Assists in matters related to funding and money management.
- Assists in the preparation for Audit – works with the account unit and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors in strict adherence to the company’s procedures.
- Assist in the review and monitor preparation for internal audit in liaison with line supervisor
- Prints, verifies, maintains and analyzes accounts receivables reports and aging reports; expected date of revenue; actual date; days overdue.
- Prepare background worksheets and input information on Financial Planning exercises based on policy decisions made by the management team and within agreed deadlines.
- Reports and Documentations- Assists in developing and reviewing financial reports and documentations, whether internal or external. This will include tax forms, financial disclosures, and memos or letters informing relevant parties of the company’s financial state
- Safety & Security the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Control the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Process Compliance – Ensures departmental procedures are update and complied with.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of financial reports.
- Departmental Reports- Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- A university degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance preferred.
- Fresh Graduate
- 0-2 years
- One year experience inclusive of NYSC
- Planning & Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Business Writing Skills
- Communication Skills – Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution
- Communication Skills – Written
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Flexibility & Creativity Skills
- Interpersonal & Relational Skills
- Excellent Leadership & Supervisory Skills
- Excellent Numerical & Data Literacy Skills
- Planning & Project Management Skills
- Presentation Skills – Charisma, Poise, Aura & Comportment
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Microsoft PowerPoint Proficiency
- Microsoft Word Proficiency
- Positive attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize accounting reports and legal documents to conduct business.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.