DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a local Finance Manager to support the Director of Operations in the management of country office finance and operation activities, for the Support for Strategic Information and Project Management Services (S4SIPMS). The Manager will be responsible for monitoring country office expenditures and ensuring compliance with USAID and DevTech procedures. This will be a full-time position with benefits, based in Abuja, Nigeria. Only Nigerian applicants will be considered.
- Implementing administrative processes, applying the rules, regulations and procedures of DevTech and USAID.
- Provide oversight and supervision to regional logistics and administrative staff to ensure smooth functioning of the office, including office running and maintenance.
- Manage the procurement process, and ensure necessary documentation of procurement processes for goods and services.
- Ensure that assets and inventories are reconciled and updated in all field offices.
- Preparing necessary documentation, reviewing and performing calculations in compliance with DevTech and USAID policies.
- Travelling to regional offices to support and train regional staff and ensure compliance in logistics, procurement, and supporting documents for expenditures.
- Ensuring timely approval and payment procedures.
- Oversee the petty cash disbursement and ensure proper reconciliation and replenishment.
- Support travel arrangements, including collecting and processing travel advances and expenses.
- Support Director of Operations in budget, accounting and finance activities
- Support Director of Operations to compile and prepare the monthly expenditure report.
- Support Director of Operations to ensure quarterly accruals reporting and other financial reports to donor are prepared and submitted on time.
- Support Human Resources duties, such as trainings to regional staff on travel expense reporting.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations and Headquarters Controller.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- 5 years of experience managing multi-million dollar USG/USAID contracts, including experience in supporting finance, procurement, operations, administration, logistics and human resource tasks.
- Knowledge of financial software applications, including Quickbooks and others.
- S/he will have demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of finance and compliance with knowledge of USAID requirements.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.