She Leads Africa (SLA) is looking for a self-motivated, Finance Manager to help execute all of our financial goals. SLA is a premium media company for female entrepreneurs and professionals. We’ve built a community of 350,000 digitally engaged women across Africa and we are one of Africa’s fastest growing startups with features in Forbes, BBC Africa, Financial Times and CNBC Africa.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can oversee all our financial functions, perfect our financial strategies, and shake the money tree real good!
This role is located in Lagos, Nigeria and reports to the co-founders.
Responsible for developing and leading all aspects of the company’s financial management and financial reporting.
- Defines standards, policies, procedures, and measures to meet the company’s financial goals;
- Creates and maintains a variety of performance metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal finance operation of the business;
- Conducts financial analysis and makes reports to co-founders, senior team members and investors;
- Manages cash flows, forecasting and all financial accounting activities;
- Maintains banking & accounting Relationships;
- Manages the company’s financial reporting process;
- Leads financial administration, planning and budgeting activities;
- Drives financial strategies to mitigate risk and loss;
- Ensures the company is compliant with tax authorities, understands the tax requirements, and optimizes tax obligations within compliance.
The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized with experience using data management tools like excel. An accounting/ finance/ consulting background is a must. A desire and interest in building a happy and healthy team environment is key
- Experience in finance, business operations, or management consulting;
- ACCA, CFA, or ICAN certified;
- Financial modelling;
- Knowledge of local tax remittances;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Self-motivated (Asks few questions and gets the job done);
- Prior experience working at startup is a plus*.