ARM is Nigeria’s largest non-bank financial institution. We are a diversified and integrated asset management Company with primary interest in traditional asset management, and specialised funds across major sectors. ARM currently manages total assets of circa N727billion; has an AA rating from Agusto and Co. and was named Best Fund Manager, Nigeria by Capital Finance International. The Firm is regulated by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). ARM is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices across the country.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
– Joint preparation of the monthly business reporting and annual financial statements for the Board and other key stakeholders – Joint preparation of the annual budget, including review and monitoring of the budget – Contribute to the development and improvement of reporting and analysis to enhance management decision making – Identification and implementation of key business and process improvements
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for the preparation of the company’s monthly financial and management accounts.
– Interfacing with Tax consultants, Pension Fund Custodians, PenCom and the external auditors of the company.
– Develop and implements systems and procedures for capturing financial transactions
– Management of Company Income Tax and ensure efficient implementation of the tax policy
– Manage and analyse the firm’s expenses and advise management on cost management
– Responsible for third party (Bankers, Tax consultants, Pension Fund Custodians, PENCOM) liaison on behalf of the unit
– Monitor and ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements by the Team and other parties
– Ensure prompt postings of journal entries required for the preparation of management/financial accounts as well as other reports are completed and available for use
– Responsible for Fixed Asset Management for the Company
– Assist in preparation of the company’s budgets, analyzing results and providing explanations for variances.
– Responsible for coordination of the monthly performance reviews (MPR) for all business units.
– Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors for annual statutory accounts.
– Assisting in the enhancement of financial controls and the development of improved reporting systems via automation of operational processes.
– Assist in the preparation of financials for board meetings.
– Responsible for investigating areas where there are uncertainties in the completeness, accuracy and validity of information in the Balance sheet and Income Statement.
– Responsible for analyzing and reporting related party transactions within the group.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
– Experience with one or more of the following ERP financials applications from a functional design perspective is preferred (not essential): preferably Oracle
– Ability and experience to help managers and teams document their current state and develop their future state, using tools like process mapping and other process improvement tools
– Practical approach to process/performance improvements, described and executed without jargon
– Group facilitation
– Statistical analysis
– Project Management
– Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
– Ability to develop/help others develop PowerPoint presentations
– Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of accounting standards
– Advanced excel skills
– High level of IT literacy and familiarity with Business Intelligence and ERP systems
– Strong focus on continuous improvement and automation of financial processes
– Attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team Excellent communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
-University degree in Social Sciences or any relevant courses i.e Economics, Accounting etc.
– ACA or ACCA qualified with minimum of 6years Accounting Experience within the Financial Services Industry or any of the Big 4 Professional Services.
Click here to apply