MonuRent Equipment & Service Solutions is the leading heavy equipment solutions and services provider located right across Africa. We have enormous depth of experience, capabilities and resources to provide our clients with integrated equipment and service solutions. Our history and pioneering spirit continues to lay a strong foundation for our future as one of the industry’s leading providers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position Title: Financial Accountant
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible Accounts Payable and supplier relationship management.
- Review of Bank and Cash transactions bookings into the correct general ledger accounts with the correct projects codes and asset ID’s before postings.
- Perform weekly and monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow for the Financial Controller review and approval.
- Maintaining of Fixed Assets register and capturing of costs to the relevant assets.
- Booking of journals entries during month end accounts reconciliations.
- Inventory Management – Review of project stock reports and highlight issues and suggest recommendations of improvements.
- Support the accounts receivable team with update on cash and withholding tax receipts from customers and then allocation of such payments into the relevant accounts and general ledgers.
- Provide assistance to the financial controller during statutory audits.
- Review of project payroll information before sending such information to Payroll Company to process month end payrolls.
- Support in the filling of all statutory payments such as custom duties, clearing and port charges, payroll taxes and deductions, corporate taxes and others.
- Month End closing activities and balance Sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Degree or relevant qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business and Statistics discipline
- Must be a Chartered Accountant with ACCA/ACA or Certified Tax Accountant.
- At least three years’ work experience in finance/account environment; experience from an audit or tax firm would be an advantage.
- The person should be willing to work long hours and weekends when required.
- Ability to travel across Nigeria to all project site on a regular basis when required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced computer literacy, including skills in Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
- Self-motivated to achieve established and agreed goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills – capable of working with staff at all levels both within and outside the organization and provide prompt responses and status updates on the progress towards assigned tasks
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
- A high level of commercial awareness and the ability to understand how equipment rental business works
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position you are applying for as the Subject reference to your mail, for example Financial Accountant – Nigeria
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2017.