The Place Nigeria is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company registered in 2003 to explore opportunities in the hospitality sector in Nigeria. The Place is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1300 employees. Currently, our operations span across 12 locations in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in short and medium term. Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 50 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us in leading the articulation and execution of strategic transformation initiatives as we position ourselves to maintain sustained growth, profitability and our position as a market leader in our industry.
Position Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- Assist with preparation of monthly consolidated financials and variance reports by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing information and trends.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data
- Prepares special reports that will be requested by management from time to time.
- Supervises Head office finance staff e.g. bank reconciliation team, intercompany, treasury etc, reviews their periodic reports and ensure they are carry out their responsibilities.
- Advise and update management on irregularities in any financial matters
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Increases productivity of finance department by developing templates for reporting and coordinating information requirements.
- Assists with preparation of year-end accounts and providing information for external auditors
- Minimum of 3 years Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting or any related discipline
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA), Qualified member of Certified Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA) is an added advantage
- IT proficiency with Advanced Excel skill and the ability to use accounting software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong numerical abilities
- Sound business knowledge and ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure within the deadlines
- Experience in any of the Big 4 Accounting firm or Manufacturing/Restaurant business is an added advantage
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Be kind enough not to send any application that has nothing to do with this ad, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.