The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
Position Title: Front Desk Officer (Receptionist)
Duration of Contract: One year
Work Hour: Full-Time
- Manage the reception and carry out other front desk activities.
- Receive and screen visitors to the organization plus providing them with information regarding their requests and/or direct them to the respective offices.
- In charge of the organization’s Telephone exchange board and support for teleconferencing connections.
- Maintain staff attendance registration records, visitors’ registry plus generating monthly attendance reports.
- Receive, sort and route all incoming, outgoing mails and maintain a mail register for the organization.
- In charge of work appointments’ register, and responsible for distribution of messages to respective staff.
- Provide administrative support to all other departments with clerical work that range from: typing documents, correspondences, data entry, scanning documents, filing and photocopying.
Qualification and Requirements
- B.Sc in Secretarial and Business Studies or any other relevant qualifications.
- Proven experience of three (3) years’ of similar work at front desk in a busy work environment or any reputable organization.
- Excellent communication, Customer care and relationship skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Ms. Office packages, including internet.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.