Position Title: Head, Corporate Transformation
The Bank is currently implementing some key strategic initiatives aimed at strengthening its market presence and enhancing operational efficiency and effectiveness across the various touch points. In line with this drive, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified and highly competent individuals with the right skills set and pedigree to fill the following key position:
- Head, Corporate Transformation
The search is open to both internal and external candidates who possess very deep strategic insight coupled with excellent technical knowledge, practical hands-on experience, vast exposure and good track record of success and achievements. Such individuals must have sound knowledge of the global financial markets with good understanding of the micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the financial services sector.
Successful candidate must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities. Specific responsibilities and manning requirements for the role is as follows:
The ideal candidate will work closely with the MD/CEO in driving implementation of the Group’s strategic plan towards maximizing market share, shareholders wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support to the MD/CEO in communicating the strategy of FirstBank and its subsidiaries to staff, recommending strategic initiatives for the subsidiary companies and supporting the implementation of a multi-year strategic plan and roadmap in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Oversee seamless implementation of large strategic projects for the Bank as well as the strategic Program Management Office (PMO) which coordinates and reports to Executive Management on progress with implementation of the Bank’s strategic priorities at Corporate and Business Unit level.
- Coordinate the execution of programs/projects that are assigned to the department, ensuring timely and successful implementation.
- Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s overall strategic service delivery aspirations.
- Coordinate project selection and prioritization process to ensure that the Bank selects the right portfolio of projects in alignment with its strategic imperatives.
- A good University degree or its equivalent in any related field. Higher degrees and/or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience spanning Strategy Development & Implementation, Business Reengineering, Process Transformation, Project Management and Change Management.
- Solid understanding of the global financial services sector and micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the sector.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in development and delivery of corporate and operational strategy and models in a large commercial bank will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong financial modeling, quantitative and analytic skills; and understanding of specialized industry issues.
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in general administration management roles with track record of achievement and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasive, documentation and analytical skills.
- Highly developed influencing skills, capable of communicating the big picture in approachable language.
Click here to apply