Position Title: Head, Strategy & Corporate Development
The Bank is currently implementing some key strategic initiatives aimed at strengthening its market presence and enhancing operational efficiency and effectiveness across the various touch points. In line with this drive, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified and highly competent individuals with the right skills set and pedigree to fill the following key position:
- Head, Strategy & Corporate Development
The search is open to both internal and external candidates who possess very deep strategic insight coupled with excellent technical knowledge, practical hands-on experience, vast exposure and good track record of success and achievements. Such individuals must have sound knowledge of the global financial markets with good understanding of the micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the financial services sector.
Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities. Specific responsibilities and manning requirements for the role are as follows:
Head, Strategy & Corporate Development
Reporting to the MD/CEO, the ideal candidate will coordinate the strategic planning process for FirstBank and its subsidiaries, which includes FBN UK, First Pension Custodian, FBN Mortgages, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Sierra Leone, FBNBank Congo, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Senegal and FBNBank Gambia. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and communicate the strategy for the Bank and its individual subsidiaries.
- Develop and coordinate annual strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, ensuring that employees understand the details of the strategic plan and how their work connects to the corporate goals.
- Take ownership of decision making that sustains organizational change, test whether the decisions being made across the organization are aligned with the strategy and are creating the desired results and decide on basis of outcome analyses, whether to stay on track or to change direction.
- Develop and coordinate cyclical strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, leading with a focus towards maximizing market share, shareholders wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals.
- Provide Executive Management with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks; advising best options to proceed.
- A good University degree or its equivalent in any related field. Higher degrees and/or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience spanning Strategy Development & Implementation, Business Reengineering, Process Transformation, Project Management and Change Management.
- Solid understanding of the global financial services sector and micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the sector.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in development and delivery of corporate and operational strategy and models in a large commercial bank will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong financial modeling, quantitative and analytic skills; and understanding of specialized industry issues.
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in general administration management roles with track record of achievement and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasive, documentation and analytical skills.
- Highly developed influencing skills, capable of communicating the big picture in approachable language.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply