APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Position Title: HSE Supervisor
- Advises line management on HSE strategies where appropriate
- Assists in the delivery and development of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe business operation
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of HSE and Loss Prevention
- Inspects organisation facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Prepares reports on HSE incidents for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organisation in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies. Maintains safety files and records
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures
- Ensure that APMT Apapa HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria HSE Acts
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise
We are looking for:
- University Degree in Business Management or Engineering discipline
- 5-7 years of cumulative experience in HSE of a container terminal or related field
- NEBOSH & IOSH Professional certifications are required
- Requires a proven record of Health, Safety and Environmental management experience from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Requires a proven track record of increasing work responsibility
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to set priorities, document and create systems
- Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2018.