Our client is an Industrial Catering and Hospitality organization.
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos State (Proximity to location will be considered).
To prepare and present food in an appealing and satisfactory manner.
• Cook all food; African and Continental.
• Take proper inventory of food items in the assigned section.
• The cook is expected to take total ownership of the kitchen affairs.
• Responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
• Modify and create new menus as needed for the purposes for the restaurant or other outdoor services.
• Prepares on daily basis food requisitions; use creativity to cook delicious and tasty meals.
• Control cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising portion control.
• Observes and tastes all food being cooked samples all food before it is served.
• Report any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
• Checks function sheets and sees to it that all food items for outlets, banquets and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
• Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; Select and develop recipes;
Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
• Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen; ensure the kitchen and the industrial cooking equipments are is tidy after every engagement.
• Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
• Check the quantity and quality of raw material received.
• Order supplies needed to ensure efficient operation in the kitchen.
• Any other duties of related responsibilities.
Required Skills, Experience:
• Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in an industrial catering organization as a cook.
• The desired candidate must be able to take ownership by being in absolute control of all the kitchen affairs.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must maintain an impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards.
• An excellent food presentation skill is highly required.
• The candidate needs to be able to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities, ranging from co-workers to customers.
• Must be have good planning and time management skills.
• The Caterer must have good knowledge of Nigerian and continental meal preparation.
Salary & How to apply:
• Salary: N45, 000/m + daily feeding + other benefits.
• Experienced eatery supervisors should apply to’firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘DUAL’ as the subject of mail before 28th August 2017.
Please follow and like us: