Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
Position Title: Industry Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Industry Analyst, you will:
- Own the editorial calendar of different types of analyses about payments trends in different industries. Formats will include quarterly reports, email briefs, and more
- Provide one-on-one consultations to Paystack merchants about industry trends
- Closely analyse Paystack’s transaction data and communicate what you learn in a compelling narrative
- Research business sectors to understand major players, headwinds, the regulatory landscape and emerging opportunities
- Coordinate closely with the key merchant relationship management and sales team to leverage your insight into new leads, or deeper relationships with existing merchants
- Cultivate relationships with trade press in various sectors
- Represent Paystack at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Have 2+ years in role where you excelled at both qualitative and quantitative analyses (eg. management consulting or economic analyses)
- Are an excellent writer and speaker, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain language
- Have outstanding analytical ability
- Have experience with SQL
- Genuinely enjoy hearing people’s stories, and have an instinctive ability to pick out the most interesting parts of that story and get other people excited about it
- Have previous experience with fast-growing internet startups.
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Are familiar with the payments landscape
- Have graphic design ability and are familiar with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Are familiar with video and audio editing
- Have experience in business journlism
- Have strong relationships in trade press
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2018.
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please click the “Apply to Position” button (it can be found at the bottom of this page, or at the top right) to submit your application. Do not use the “Apply Using LinkedIn” option.
In your application:
- Please attach your CV / Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
- Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the application page.