The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
Position Title: Instructional Designer
Duration of Contract: One year
Work Hour: Full-Time
- Serve as technical expert and advisor in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of specialized training meant to enhance workforce development for NSTOP employees, Nigeria government agency as well as partners.
- Assists in the conduct of comprehensive training needs assessments and identify skills or knowledge gaps to be addressed
- Provide recommendations on required and recommended trainings for the gaps identified
- Identify, select, and implement the appropriate training curriculum and techniques for the gaps identified
- Design, prepare, and order educational resources as appropriate for the training needs and targeted audience
- Stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Research and recommend new training methods
- Support train-the-trainer sessions and cascade training as needed and per the workplan
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session and use the data gathered to inform future training sessions
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of the training on participants’ skill levels
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least five (5) years experience in planning, designing, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating training activities OR
- Master’s Degree with at least 2 years experience in planning, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating training activities
- Formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning is required
- An additional qualification in education is an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.