Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead small engagement teams with responsibility for on field team activities, coaching, supervision etc.
• Coach less experienced team members on engagements and helps them settle into their roles in the firm.
• Apply your understanding client’s issues to identify business opportunities for PwC and be actively involved in business development activities on respective clients and within the BU.
• Execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements.
• Support the implementation and configuration of audit management systems
Essential Skills and Experience
• Open-minded and open to feedback. Giving timely feedback to members of the team (including upward feedback).
• Positive approach to work effectively delegating (where possible/ relevant) work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
• Demonstrates poise, professionalism and maturity.
• Proactive and demonstrate eagerness to learn.
• Applies professional skepticism. Critically assesses client assumptions/explanations.
• Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with IIA standard and PwC Audit for normal risk sections.
• Able to prepare documentation that meets re-performance standard, is concise well thought out and easy for the reviewer to read with minimal review points and/or changes from review.
• Ability to learn about and work with other cultures.
• Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to act quickly to understand the working environment
• Takes ownership of assigned work; all tasks completed with limited follow up points and within stipulated timelines.
• Appropriately prioritizes work and confirms understanding of priorities with field senior (prioritize based on review schedule (more complex/difficult first) and dependency of other sections).
• Identifies gaps in client’s controls using the control library/control process mates.
• Tracks actuals to budget for their assigned sections / tasks and provides a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the senior.
• Ability to perform internal and external research on clients and their circumstances once assigned to an engagement.
• Demonstrates understanding of less complex issues with clear, concise documentation ( e.g. properly evaluates/documents and other relevant client information and data, file completion steps).
• Questions unusual trends in financial and business analysis and basic inconsistencies in information.
• Understands the purpose of assigned auditing procedures and completes them fully.
• Seeks clarification where required. Consults required audit guides or other appropriate reference material, balancing the need to ask clarifying questions with simple research.
• Identifies straightforward issues and develops a point of view using appropriate research before asking for advice.
• Works efficiently within agreed upon budgets.
• Raises potential issues to the field senior on a timely basis.
• Organizes work in a logical and understandable way.
• Identifies the regulatory bodies and pronouncements that are applicable to client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC etc.).
• Demonstrates awareness of basic risk management procedures on engagements.
• Reads and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm and the PwC IA methodology.
• Shares knowledge and insight widely.
• Demonstrate awareness of PwC service offerings.
• Experience in using audit management applications and tools.
Required Experience & Qualification
• B.Sc. degree in any course with minimum 2.1 GPA.
• ACA, ACCA, CIA (On going).
• Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions
• Minimum of 2-3 years working experience
Application Deadline: May 4, 2018.