The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are currently recruiting into the following position:
Position Title: Internal Control Officer
Department: Enterprise Risk Management Group
Report to: Chief Risk Officer
Grade: Deputy Manager – Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, April 2, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Internal Control Officer is responsible for implementing control initiatives across the organisation and works closely with all Departments/Units across the organisation
- TheIncumbent will manage the Internal Control Unit which sits under the Chief Risk Officer(CRO).
- Ensure internal operations are effective, efficient and aligned with strategy
- Implement an effective control environment at all organizational levels including control activities tailored for defined processes and creating minimum requirements for all business areas
- Conduct and directs reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations
- Responsible for driving shared ethical values and developing a strong internal control culture among all employees
- Manage and develop a comprehensive framework for assessing, identifying, monitoring and minimizing, internal control issues that could interfere with the organizations objectives and goals
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate documentation (procedures/process flows) exist for all key business controls
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders (internal and external) to align internal control procedures within the organization
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization and other control groups (i.e. Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, Legal, etc.) Ensure sufficient ongoing review is being performed by all departments to review their processes and ensure effective controls are in place
- Remain current with evolving industry and regulatory changes, and analyze their impact on business objectives and processes
- Perform appropriate internal control reporting to the CEO, Executive Committee, Council Committees and National Council of The Exchange
- Provide timely and accurate information to the External and Internal Auditors, Chief Risk Officer and other stakeholders as and when required
- To train internal and external stakeholders on Internal Control related matters
Qualifications and Experience
- To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have: A degree Banking, Accountancy, Finance, Economics or Business Administration or a similar field, plus 5-10 years’ experience
- Extensive knowledge of Internal Control, Risk Management, Audit and Compliance including demonstrated experience in the application of Internal Control disciplines
- Thorough knowledge of Internal Control principles and practices
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in a complex organization
- Sound business and financial judgment with problem-solving abilities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Audit Reporting
- Business Analysis
- Client Relationship Management
- Compliance Audit
- Compliance Risk Management
- Conflict Management
- Documents/Records Management
- Ethics Knowledge
- Financial Risk Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Fraud Detection and Control
- Information Management
- Intelligence Gathering
- Numeric Skills
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Attention to Detail
- Change Management
- Decision Making
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Problem Solving
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018.