ARM is Nigeria’s largest non-bank financial institution. We are a diversified and integrated asset management Company with primary interest in traditional asset management, and specialised funds across major sectors. ARM currently manages total assets of circa N727billion; has an AA rating from Agusto and Co. and was named Best Fund Manager, Nigeria by Capital Finance International. The Firm is regulated by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). ARM is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices across the country.
Position Title: Investment Operations Officer
The Investment Operations Officer is the primary interface between the investment department and all internal and external counterparties (Internally; Fund Accounts, Benefit Payments and Contributions Processing departments, and externally, all transaction counterparties and custodians).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The Investment Operations Officer ensures compliance with the department’s standard operating procedures for all transaction processing and execution. The unit has primary responsibility for ensuring transactions are settled and completed and that all documentations are in place and properly stored.
- In addition, the Investment Operations Officer is responsible for day to day administrative duties of the department e.g. maintaining and updating credit rating register, corporate actions register, Service Level Agreements with counterparties, portfolio exposure limits, counterparty exposure limits.
- Confirm all previous day’s transactions and other expected inflows across all funds; advice portfolio management team as appropriate
- Maintain investment team archives; ensure all transaction justifications, instructions and confirmations are prepared and received when due and are filed correctly and easily retrievable
- Maintain and update archives of team strategy documents, agreements, policies etcetera
- Prepare daily investment and termination instructions Confirm daily contributions report;
- Update all equity, fixed income and money market investments;
- Prepare and maintain daily and monthly asset allocation update;
- Weekly collation of all investments;
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of team & fund account records/positions
- Conduct monthly equity reconciliation between Custodian and CSCS positions; Reconcile and follow up on outstanding dividends and bonuses with custodian, document and report any outstanding and elicit periodic status updates from custodian;
- Prepare, update and maintain monthly counterparty exposures versus limits Prepare transaction compliance reports – Monthly equity transaction reports – Monthly primary market fixed income commission reports
- Portfolio Treasury Support
- – Support timely and efficient treasury management of all fund portfolios- Ensure portfolio cash balances do not exceed internal limits
- – Ensure counterparty exposure limits are not exceeded in money markets
- – Advise portfolio management team of cash availability & counterparty exposure limits early in day – Gather daily market interest rates and advise portfolio management team early in day
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Statistical analysis
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Ability to develop/help others develop PowerPoint presentations
- Team player with the ability to think and act independently
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Superior analytical & critical thinking skills; ability to make good decisions when faced with complex data
- High level of passion, integrity, creativity, inquisitiveness and self confidence
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in support capacity at an investment/brokerage institution
- Strong interest in Global Financial Markets and keen intellectual curiosity
- First degree in a numerate field; (preferably in Sciences, Engineering, Economics or Finance.)
- Interest in enrolling in, and completing, the CFA program
Click here to apply